To build from here, start with a great foundation.
When you need a good, basic checking account to handle your day-to-day finances, ours fits the bill perfectly. And it’s completely free—no minimum balance requirement, no monthly service charges and no per-check fees.
But that’s just scratching the surface. You’ll also have access to all of these features:
- Free Mobile Banking* App for Android and iPhones
- Free Online Banking with Bill Payment
- Person-to-Person Payments (accessed through Online Bill Payment)
- Free eStatements
- Free MasterCard™ Debit Card
- Mobile Deposit Capture
- Courtesy Pay**
- We'll cover any of your insufficient funds items from checks and ACH transactions. Members who qualify for Courtesy Pay will receive up to $400 of overdraft balance coverage. Each overdraft transaction covered will trigger a $28 charge. But the good news is that you'll avoid insufficient funds fees from merchants, not to mention the embarrassment and inconvenience of bouncing a check.
- Account Alerts via Email or Text Messaging
- Set up Alerts for:
- Check Number
- Loan Payment Due
- Nearly 30,000 Fee-Free ATM’S nationwide
- CO-OP ATM Locator mobile app for 24-7 access (Install iOS app | Install Android app)
We also offer Overdraft Protection, another service to help you avoid expensive penalties and fees if you accidentally write a check or make a debit transaction that is more than your available account balance.
When you think about it, a Mills42 Checking Account is actually a pretty amazing thing. And it’s so easy to get one. Enroll online, give us a call, or simply stop by the branch and we’ll get you set up.
Not a member yet? We’ll take care of that for you as you’re opening your account or taking out a loan. If you want to get a jump-start, enroll online or just give us a call at 978.328.5100. We’ll be happy to help you build from here.
Click here to see our Fee Schedule
Mills42 MasterCard™ Debit Card Phone Numbers
- Lost/Stolen MasterCard™ Debit Card: 888-241-2510
- Please report all lost or stolen cards immediately to the credit union office at 978-328-5100 or contact our 24-hour customer hotline number at 1-888-241-2510 or direct at 909-941-1398.
- Please be advised that after activation, if your Mills42 MasterCard™ Debit Card is lost or stolen, it can be used without needing your PIN number.
* Message and data rates may apply from your wireless carrier. Check with your provider for specific fees and charges.
** Courtesy Pay will pay ACH & Share Drafts (checks), but not debit card transactions. A minimum deposit of $200.00 must be made every 15 days to keep Courtesy Pay active. A member must be 18 or older to use Courtesy Pay. Courtesy Pay will be turned off after a member has been negative for 30 days. Courtesy Pay will not automatically turn back on when the account is back to positive—approval must be obtained to turn it back on. Courtesy Pay will be turned on only after a 90-day new checking account probationary period. Accounts with an invalid email address will be removed. Members can opt out of Courtesy Pay by calling 978.328.5100, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to us at 83 Merrimack Street, Lowell, MA 01852. The credit union reserves the right to turn off Courtesy Pay for account abuse. If a member has a delinquent loan with Mills42, Courtesy Pay will be turned off until the loan is current. Members must be in good standing to maintain Courtesy Pay.